With 2015/2016 wedding season underway, we decided to bring you our top ten wedding trends for the next year.
1) Gold decor. Brass is back, thanks to influence of tv shows Downton Abbey and Paradise. Old gold accents work well with most colour pallets and can be used with vintage decor or as a juxtaposition with contemporary decor. Gold brass vessels for flowers paired with lovely brass candlesticks are versatile and can be used together or separately. View Moi Decor Hire’s range of brass candlesticks and brass vessels and other old gold decor: planters & frames.
2) Watercolour. This effortless and creative motif can be used across all wedding stationary including invitations, escort cards and table seating.
3) Foliage. Green table runners, elaborate garlands around the Mr & Mrs chairs, or on signage as well as hanging foliage installations bring an organic and botanical feel.
4) Chalkboards. A great way to showcase general wedding signage (instagram instructions, or directions) or to showcase the menu or table seating. View chalkboards to rent here.
5) Classic elegance. Tall candelabra centrepieces with stylish planters and votives. This look is glamorous and ornate, involving a mix of white or ivory with metallics. View candelabras and tablescape metal ware to rent here and here.
6) Tulle wedding dresses. The wedding dress is one of the most important aspects of your wedding day. Ball gowns with full skirts made of lighter fabrics like tulle are popular this wedding season, allowing the bride the opportunity to feel like a princess without an excessively heavy dress.
7) Off the shoulder wedding dresses. Off the shoulder wedding dresses are also on trend for next year as well, with many variations ranging from one-shoulder to draped sleeves on both sides. It’s a soft and romantic look that is flattering on all body types and can be featured in many styles, from boho to classic.
8) Dessert bar. Dessert bars are just as popular as ever thanks to their customisation and flexibility. Cupcakes, macarons, brownies, petit fours, doughnuts, ice cream sandwiches and any other type of sweet treat are all being served at weddings. Have your guests help themselves at a serving station or decorate their own treats at a dessert bar. View our glassware/ candy jars to rent to create your own dessert bar.
9) Cakes with icing. Last year there was a surge in naked wedding cakes, but this year we’re seeing a return to the more traditionally decorated and icedwedding cake. Couples will incorporate their wedding’s theme, colors or design into their wedding cake so that it matches everything at the reception. Textured and patterned icing is a great way to incorporate the metallic luxe look.
10) Photobooth. A great way of creating keepsakes for your guests, this is a fun and interactive way of creating memories. Props such as frames, suitcases and clapper boards add some flair to the photobooth. View vintage suitcases and other vintage items to rent here.